Performance Plastics business develops products with high-performance properties (temperature, chemical, friction, optical, and weather/wear resistance) used to produce energy and reduce consumption, provide protection, improve comfort and sustain the environment.
Products and Services:
Click here to read more
- Specialty films SBU – This SBU offers the broadest line of specialty high-performance polymeric films and membranes to allow our customers to select the right product for their requirements. We utilize a full range of polymers — including PI, FEP, PFA, PTFE, ETFE, ECTFE, UHMW-PE and proprietary blends to deliver the right combination of temperature, chemical, release, low friction and dielectric performance in a variety of key applications to a diverse range of markets. SolarGard offers LEED and BREEAM certified comprehensive range of high performance architectural window and safety films that significantly save energy costs, provide solar heat and glare protection.
- Foams & Tapes SBU – NorbondTM foam bonding tapes offer a wide variety of acrylic, polyurethane and polyethylene foam cores with high-performance adhesive systems, designed for demanding applications. Norseal® sealing and cushioning foams offer a wide variety of silicone, polyurethane and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) foams, produced as extrusions, cast foam, sponge rubber, or in-place systems to optimize application value. Thermalbond® and Thermalbond XpressTM open cell polyurethane architectural foam spacer tapes have over 35 years of application history in structurally glazed facades and is also an industry-first for completion of third-party verified Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). CHR® Adhesive Tapes are produced from a variety of film, fabric, metal, lamination or paper substrates with acrylic, silicone, or natural rubber adhesive systems.
- Coated Fabrics SBU – Chemfab® is the performance coated fabric solution for manufacturers who strive for optimal performance and efficiency in processes that face challenging conditions. Sheerfill® is a high performance permanent architectural tensioned membrane used in iconic, unique and energy-efficient structures. ONESuit® is a certified high-performance hazmat suit that offers maximum protection for responding to chemical hazards.
- Life Sciences designs and produces products that capture, convey and contain critical fluids — to protect the fluids from the environment and to protect the environment from the fluids. LifeScience Market is segregated into three distinct groups to better serve its customers.
- Process systems has a long-established history and reputation in providing innovative product solutions–flexible tubing, gaskets & seals, hoses & fittings, pumps, valves & manifolds–through a broad range of customized materials and capabilities to help customers achieve safety, performance and brand assurance in a variety of markets and applications from aircraft interior components to food and beverage processing to semiconductor chemical transfer.
- Seals and Polymer Products – We are the global leader in designing and manufacturing high performance seals and polymer components. A majority of seals and polymer components manufactured are custom designed and matched with the best materials to optimize their performance.
- Bearings – NORGLIDE® Bearings & RENCOL® Tolerance Rings offer convenient and cost-effective solutions for an impressively wide range of automotive applications. These maintenance free and wear resistant bearing and tolerance ring products are capable of handling direct torque transfer, torque slip, axial retention, controlled collapse and radial loading between the mating components.
Click here to read more
- Food processing
- Life Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Systems
- We are pioneers in the development and manufacturing of silicone and polymer extruded and specialty molded products
- Medical Components
- We provide processing expertise in molding, extrusion and all-encompassing fabrication for medical OEMs.
- Biotech & Laboratory Solutions
- Our products are engineered to the strictest standards for consistent, reliable performance in the most demanding laboratory applications
- Chemicals & Fuels
- Food & Beverage
- Habitat, Environment & Energy
- Steering Systems (including EPAS)
- Electric Motors
- Life Sciences
Website – www.plastics.saint-gobain.com
Manufacturing Plant: Bangalore
Site certified for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001